As the weather gets warmer and the garden starts calling we thought you may appreciate a few little tips to keep you fit and healthy whilst you work outdoors.
Follow these helpful hints and you will stay pain free and be able to sit back in comfort and enjoy gazing at your efforts.
– Gardening is like any other exercise; you need to warm up first. Don’t go straight into the heavy work; start off with lighter jobs as this will lessen the chance of muscle strain.
Take a break
– Vary your activity by spending no more than 20-30 minutes on any one thing and make sure you take regular breaks.
If you reach to prune or get a weed this places massive pressure on your spine and muscles and is likely to lead to muscle strains. Make sure you are as close to the plants as you can be.
– If you are planning a trip to the local garden centre store to buy heavy items such as compost, buy smaller bags rather than one big bag as they are easier and safer to carry. Better still, have it delivered direct to your home.
– Don’t lift with your arms straight out, keep the elbows bent and to your side to minimise the stress on your back.
– If having items delivered, have them unloaded as close to where you need them as possible; this will save the effort of moving them again.
– A specialist garden trolley might be worth investing in to move these sorts of materials around, especially if you have lots of patio pots to move around as well.
If you feel any pain always stop and seek advice. At Attend2health we offer a free 15 minute chat so if you have any concerns pop in and see if we can help. Call 01763 878087 to book your chat today!
5.0 135 reviews
3 weeks ago
Excellent service from the minute I walked through the door. Always greeted with a smile. My chiropractor Adrian is brilliant. … More Can't recommend this place enough.
3 months ago
Daisy was amazing! Had my first treatment the other day and have been in severe pain with my back after going in and having … More treatment I was pain free for days for the first time in about 6 months definitely will be going back and highly recommend daisy and clinic she took time to find out all about me and what I wanted to achieve...it was amazing ...first class worth every penny! .
2 months ago
Daisy was amazing when I went to see her. She knew exactly what was wrong and how to help me. Highly recommend x